FEWUW Cup

If you want to challenge WW please post here
valli
Site Admin

Re: FEWUW Cup

Post by valli »

Thank you Feathers for organizing it, keeping it as drama free as possible and doing a nice job with scheduling, map choosing etc. etc.
As server admin I would as well be happy to heare any feedback if the servers were ok, or if there were problems like ping spikes etc. other bugs and many more.

I just wanted to state that clearly; what I write now is not reflecting the opinion of WW in general.

I somehow learned the price of winning some matches, and using all the tech and things the regulations offer you, e.g. behes to defend or comm spawning, leads towards drama, others calling you lame and that is somehow a sad thing. This is totally unnecessary at all. Drama and even insults on match for not doing anything against the regulations is actually what I think is fail and which leads to alot people not having fun playing that. I guess it's somehow in the nature of competition and people which can't handle errors and mistakes properly, so they point towards others.

The clanleaders had enough time to discuss such things on the clan quorum forum and to make decisions there or to aggree on other regulations. We all know spawning behe is not a nice thing to encounter as a human legonnaire and also comms spawning in your face with sac are as well not the most glory moments in demo running or destroying tech, but it's part of this game.

There are two solutions two that: Accept those things and don't call others lame for it, or if you don't accept it, then go to appropiate people/ forums and give there suggestions how to do that. We have the clan quorum forums, we have the rebalancing forum and alot of other players and people which are eager to solve those things.

This is not a notice for Earth or you as the organizer, it was just a general remark.

Feathers

Post by Feathers »

my view on behe spawning and co. is basically use the tools you have, generally in my time of playing those who moan at things don't know how to A) counter them B) manipulate them to your own advantage.

Now something i am in favor of is all siege units not doing 1 hit kills on lvl3 units and unable to disable demopacks/capture flags (behemoths)

The last match i was lagging, when i asked was anyone else only blade was, so it kind counter'd it.

Oglab

Post by Oglab »

What is fair or lame varies so widely between players that trying appease everyone is just impossible. Current behespawning is lame to the enemy because it reduces demorunning success chances to near 0, while not behespawning means 2 constantly buffed legos (which can also be considered lame) can easily destroy a less skilled team without them having a chance in hell to stop them.

I feel obligated to behespawn when buffed legos are raping base because, it is allowed, and if i don't it is almost certain we will lose sub/tech and furthermore the game and it would be 100% my fault for deliberately not doing my best just for wanting to keep my opponents respect at the cost of betraying my entire team.

Basically everyone thought i was just plain awesome before i joined WW, now there is a load of people out there who hate me and will begin to hate me because in CWs i will not allow my team to lose due any selfish desire to keep my e-honor. Its sad, but i doubt anything short of banning behes is gonna appease those who currently rage about them and hate anyone who ever uses one for any reason.

Mr Brightside

Post by Mr Brightside »

But we all know you are still just plain awesome, Oglab :quack:

Feathers

Post by Feathers »

Mr Brightside wrote:But we all know you are still just plain awesome, Oglab :quack:
!
Oglab wrote:What is fair or lame varies so widely between players that trying appease everyone is just impossible. Current behespawning is lame to the enemy because it reduces demorunning success chances to near 0, while not behespawning means 2 constantly buffed legos (which can also be considered lame) can easily destroy a less skilled team without them having a chance in hell to stop them.

I feel obligated to behespawn when buffed legos are raping base because, it is allowed, and if i don't it is almost certain we will lose sub/tech and furthermore the game and it would be 100% my fault for deliberately not doing my best just for wanting to keep my opponents respect at the cost of betraying my entire team.

Basically everyone thought i was just plain awesome before i joined WW, now there is a load of people out there who hate me and will begin to hate me because in CWs i will not allow my team to lose due any selfish desire to keep my e-honor. Its sad, but i doubt anything short of banning behes is gonna appease those who currently rage about them and hate anyone who ever uses one for any reason.
as valli said you either have behe spawning or you don't, known of this you can do it three time rule or whatever crap

Power Hermit

Post by Power Hermit »

My problem with this issue is personally...everytime I play savage, even on servers where siege camping isn't allowed it happens to me almost everytime I actually reach the base, so by now I've come to accept this annoying part of savage and I'm not crying about it anymore unless it's so frequent it is a rule abuse (on groents for example).

Then there's these clanwars here, when people still do it and neutralize any kind of push pretty easily even from clans of our caliber - of course it's annoying, but hell, if it's allowed and everyone else does it, I see no reason not to the same. A three time rule would be pretty good, in my opinion, but you guys can decide or not decide on something like that for the next league.

Have a nice day.

valli
Site Admin

Post by valli »

Rematch: WW vs NM = 2 : 0

Feathers

Post by Feathers »

congratz, you're second i'll update the challonge stuff wednesday...computer with the challonge pwds is being fixed atm